For the past 2 months, bobby had been secretly planning our 10th wedding anniversary trip. Every time I inquired about our anniversary he would say, "Don't worry about it. I've got it planned all out!" As always, I LOVE surprises and could not wait until June 22nd. Bright and early in the morning both of us awoke (well before the girls...if that tells you how excited we were), and Bobby presented me with a card and gift. Inside the card there was a beautiful note and details telling about our special trip. Unbeknownst to me, Bobby had made plans to go to Duluth and stay where we had on our first anniversary- but as many of you know, the recent flooding caused Bobby to alter our plans. Here are our photos from our memorable trip...
the st. croix inn - bed and breakfast
originally built in 1908
nestled in the town of osceola, wisconsin next to the st. croix river
taylors falls
our room - the stillwater suite
flowers from bobby with a surprise wine tour and tasting at the chateux st. croix
the view from our balcony...if you look REALLY close, you will see two canoes paddling down the
st. croix river
dinner at greccos in st. croix falls...SPECTACULAR bread and delicious food!
sunset on our balcony
breakfast served in our room - 1st course
main course...lovely!
the wine tasting did not begin until 11am (go figure!),
so we stopped off at the "fawn-doe-rosa" for some fun!
baby skunks...too cute for words!
time for some wine!
beautiful place modeled after a castle in europe
we tasted a $55 bottle of wine and it.was.to.die.for!
now i get why so many people buy expensive wine...
welcome back to minnesota! It was a relaxing, romantic, and fun trip. It was so much fun doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, who is not only fun to be with, but also makes me fall in love with him more every day I am with him. Thanks for the adventure, honey...I can't wait for more!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, who is not only fun to be with, but also makes me fall in love with him more every day I am with him. Thanks for the adventure, honey...I can't wait for more!



No comments:
Post a Comment